We are now shipping to Canada! Just order like normal and we'll take care of the rest. The cost for this service is a flat $50 (taxes and duties not included)
We love having our bikes featured in cool publications and we just happened to be included in this years buyers guide from Bicycling Magazine! Pick up a copy and spread the word!
New Bike(s) day for the children at Ginter Park Elementary School!
We are so happy to be part of such a good program that enables our little bikes to be part of school curriculum. Fit4Kids is a non-profit organization that works to obtain local and state grants to make riding to school safer and teach children best practices for riding bikes to and from school. Through the wonderful Fit4Kids program, teachers like Brent pictured below now have a complete set of bikes to use in his classes!
More info about the programs can be found via the links below.
We will have a new shop during the holiday season where you can come by and test ride a bike and take one home with you!
The new shop is located in the Stony Point Fashion Park Complex, please see below for address info and hours. Hope to see you there!
Friday 5-9pm, Saturday 12-9pm and Sunday 12-6pm
9200 Stony Point Pkwy, Richmond, VA 23235
We had an amazing time for our 3rd year in a row attending one of Richmond's coolest events, the Makerfest. We had lots and lots of children try out our test track and had so many comments about how cool, lightweight, and we designed our bikes were. Thank you to all the volunteers and everyone who attended to make this year awesome!
We've moved! We loved our old warehouse but it was just getting too small, so we moved about a mile west. Our new location will have room to grow and develop/design new pello's all with the goal to get more kids on great bikes!
Wow how time fly's...Reddi's are now back in stock, thank you to all who patiently waited and pre-ordered a Reddi, your awesome!!!!
We're happy to say that our Reddi's will be available early fall! Thank you to everyone who pre-ordered them, your awesome!
We're happy to say that all our bikes are now back in stock! Thank you to all of you who pre-ordered a bike!
This is where we'll be this year, come out and ride with us!
May 5-6 - Bike Expo New York, Manhattan, NY
June 23-28 - Bike Virginia Tour, Lexington, VA
August 18-20 - Outerbike, Crested Butte, CO
August 24-27 - Hotter Than Hell 100, Wichita Falls, TX
October 13-15 - Go Outside Festival, Roanoke, VA
November 4-5 - Philly Bike Expo, Philadelphia, PA
When thinking about bike sizes it's often difficult to know just how the bike will fit. What we've found is that the inseam measurement is possibly one of the best determining factor in getting the correct fit.
A good rule of thumb for little one's just starting out or if they are a tad timid is to have their feet flat on the ground while seated on the saddle. This translates to a saddle height that matches their inseam. However, if your little one is already riding and shows confidence then having the seat height about 2-2.5" above their inseam may be a better fit and will allow them to grow into the bike a bit longer.
Please check out the chart below for a good way to measure the inseam properly.
WOW what a year 2016 was! We had so many wonderful milestones during 2016 directly attributed to all the little ones that found our bike and have fallen in love with them. These are some of the milestones that we are grateful for and could not have achieved them without the support from our Pello community all across the US.
- After approximately 4 years of designing, developing and testing our bikes we successfully launched Pello bikes for sale in May of 2016. Right from the beginning people loved our bikes and felt a need to provide their children with a better bike.
- We let reviewers see our bikes for the first time and the response has been overwhelmingly positive.
- We can only smile when we receive praises from parents who purchased a Pello for their child. It makes us feel so good that all our work in making these bikes is paying off, kids are learning to ride on our bikes and that is awesome!
- We traveled to a lot of events in 2016, big and small, and set up our test track. It’s been so great to see little ones taking flight for the first time on our bikes!
- We are still logging miles on our very first prototypes; in fact our very 1st Rover is pushing 500+ miles from being passed around to friends and testers. We are happy to report that it is still going strong!
- We have successfully sold out of the Revo and are very limited on others! Stock will be replenished this Spring.
Looking forward to 2017
- In 2017 we will welcome Ripple and Reyes to the Pello Family. Still in development, these two new additions will be the smallest (balance) and biggest (24”) bikes in our lineup. We are so excited to release them into the world for kids to learn, ride and smile as they engage in the magic of riding a bicycle.
- We will be traveling to more events across the country in 2017 with our test track.
- We will be launching new cool things for sale on our website including new t-shirt designs, jersey’s, exclusive in-house designed prints and many more cool things.
- We will launch our “Loyalty” Program where members of the Pello family will receive cool things and get discounts on future Pello bike purchases.
We could not have been successful without the support and help from our family and friends; we truly thank them for all they have contributed.
Thank you again to all of those who have supported us in making 2016 such a great year, we look forward to making 2017 even better!
Smile, Ride, Repeat.
Shane & Chris
If your child loves biking (or perhaps YOU love biking), then you want to make sure you are getting them a bike that they can grow their skills on. The 16” bikes on this list are truly THE BEST–lightweight, well-designed, and built to withstand abuse.
In general, 16″ bikes are most appropriate for your 5 to 7 year old. That said, if you have a tall 4 year old, they may very well be ready for a 16″ bike already. (More on how to measure your child for a bike later on).
Read the full writeup HERE!
Free Shipping & Cool Helmets
Looking to get a jumpstart on this holiday season? Pello has your wheel.
Use code PelloFreeShip at checkout and get free shipping on your next Pello, now through Sunday when you order from our Bike Shop at pellobikes.com.
We are a local small buisness and we support other local small businesses so in addition to free shipping we also have 2 super cool I am RVA helmets to give away for the first peeps who tell us they want them. Simply say, "Helmet Please" in the custom fit section durring checkout and the first 2 orders gets them! They are size extra small for itty bitty heads. XS are for heads 18-20 inches around (47-51 cm). Remember these helmets have a mission.
Thank you again for your support and we look forward to seeing you on the trail, street, sidewalk, park or wherever you may ride :)!
We had a great time at this years Roanoke GoFest. Lots of great outdoor activities, demos, food, and lots and lots of kids riding Pellos! We had about 600-700 kids come out and ride our little bikes on our test track, it was awesome!!!
We recently had the pleasure of dropping by the Cane Creek facility in Fletcher, NC to see how they make such great Headsets! We are so glad to include their parts on our bikes! Click the photo for more images of the facility
Looking to try out a new pello? Check out the dates below to see where we will be this fall. Each of these events will feature our cool "Test Track" where we can fit your little one and let them try out a coo! new pello.
Often times kids bikes are heavy, have components that aren't always the best, and are a pain to fix when they break. It's always been beyond me why kids bikes are always made so heavy. We received one of Pello Bikes kid's bikes. The Revo to be exact. It's not your average kids bike. Check out the review of it below. This bike sure has made one kid happy. Now his siblings want one... Read more